The Center provides numerous opportunities for law enforcement and child protection professionals to obtain current training regarding best practices in child welfare and protection. Additionally, HCCAC provides speakers to schools and community groups who are able to help participants recognize and report the signs of child abuse. To schedule a presentation, please contact Outreach Coordinator Kaylee Gaines at 512-756-2607 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
programs for schools
Play It Safe! Child Safety Proram Sponsored by Hill Country Children’s Advocacy Center
This child safety program is geared to elementary age students and is taught by well trained and dedicated community volunteers. We hope to teach the children rules that may help them in difficult situations. The children are taught that it doesn’t matter what a person looks like, but what they ask you to do that matters. We know that many child predators are not strangers but live in the home or neighborhood.
- Burnet Elementary Grades Pre-K – 2
- Bertram Elementary Grades K-3
marble falls isd
- Colt Elementary Grade 1
- Highland Lakes Elementary Grades Kinder-2
- Spicewood Elementary Grades 1-2
- Llano Elementary Grades K-5
- Packsaddle Elementary Grades K-5
- Blanco Elementary Grades K-2
- Hope School Grades K-4
- Kline Whitis Elementary Grades K-2
- Hanna Springs Elementary Grade 1
- San Saba Elementary Grades K-2
What We Teach:
Through videos and discussions of Play It Safe! safety rules, children learn:
- I have a right to be safe.
- My body’s mine!
- How to recognize “Tricky People”.
- To always have a buddy!
- To always ask first!