• Provide clinical assessment and diagnosis of child victims and non-offending family members;
• Provide individual, family, and group counseling to child victims and non-offending family members using evidence-based treatment modalities, including TF-CBT;
• Complete individualized treatment plans;
• Measure treatment progress by assessing improvement on clinical assessment tools;
• Document session notes in client chart, provide written reports as appropriate, and enter service data in a database;
• Assist with and monitor clients needing therapy services in outlying areas of Blanco, Lampasas, Llano, Mason, and San Saba counties;
• Maintain mental health networking list in order to provide counseling resources to children and families;
• Provide crisis intervention for clients receiving other primary services of the Center;
• Prepare child victims and witnesses for court; and
• Provide expert witness testimony in court, if requested.
• Participate in monthly Child Protection Team (CPT) staffing;
• Maintain current training and information on evidence based treatment modalities for child abuse victims and their family members;
• Attend trainings as agreed upon with executive director;
• Provide content and assistance for program-related funding applications;
• Provide on-call support as needed (generally one time per month);
• Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Master’s Degree in mental health field (Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy);
• State of Texas full and independent licensure to practice – Licensed Professional Counselor; (LPC); Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT); Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW);
• Minimum of three years combined professional experience working with child abuse victims and families, providing individual, family, group therapy, or other evidence based treatment modalities, including TFCBT;
• Working knowledge of the dynamics of sexual abuse and trauma;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills; and
• Must be a team player.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Experience in using play therapy;
• Bi-lingual fluency in Spanish and English is a plus.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR KELLY FORISTER AT KELLYF@HCCAC.ORG.
THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION THAT IS PROJECTED TO BE ONGOING. SALARY WILL TO BE COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE; EXCELLENT BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE.